Provider Administrative Policy
Our provider administrative policies contain information regarding claims submission, reimbursement, and other information in order to achieve an efficient relationship with our providers. These policies are not an authorization or explanation of benefits. Blue Cross of Idaho retains the right to add to, delete from and otherwise modify this policy in accordance with our provider contracts
There are three ways to identify a Medicare Advantage plan member:
- Check the Medicare Advantage identification card. The Medicare Advantage member numbers begin with the following alpha prefixes:
- XMM - True Blue HMO
- XMX - True Blue HMO Special Needs Plan
- XMA - Secure Blue PPO
- XMI - True Blue Connected Care
- Be sure to retain a copy of the member's identification card for your records.
- Verify eligibility online through the secure provider portal of Blue Cross of Idaho's website at bcidao.com.
- Call Blue Cross of Idaho to verify eligibility (see MAPAP102). The Medicare Advantage member identification card contains information necessary for claims submission, the name of the member's primary care physician (PCP), if applicable, and relevant copayments.
|February 2015||Revised||Added XMI alpha prefix|
|January 2014||Revised||Member ID Cards revised|
|April 2012||Revised||Member ID Cards revised|
|January 2012||Revised||Member ID cards revised|
|March 2009||Revised||Member cards revised|
|August 2008||Revised||Member cards revised|
|May 2008||Revised||Member cards revised|