A Healthy Summer to You!
- It's almost summer time! Have you started wearing your hat and sunscreen?
- Do you tend a garden or enjoy fresh vegetables? Incorporating fresh fruits and vegetables into your meals can naturally increase you body's health.
- Are your blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the healthy ranges?
- Have you slowed down to visit and ask your in-network physician about recommended preventative screenings?
- Are you between fifty-one and seventy-five? If yes, how is your colorectal health? Having a fecal occult blood test (FOBT) or a colorectal health screening can be a helpful preventive behavior.
- What sort of relaxation methods are you practicing? Incorporating gardening, yoga or stretching into your daily routine can reduce stress and lower blood pressure. Plus, cooking with the fresh vegetables from a garden may naturally provide your body with healthy vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Are you a woman between the age of twenty-one and sixty-four? Getting a pap can help you and your doctor observe your wellness. These screenings can also help you plan for life’s natural transitions.
If you’re a person looking for a few ways to increase activity levels and improve your health, take a minute to check out Blue Cross of Idaho’s Wellness and Prevention online Digital Coaching and tools. Blue Cross of Idaho’s online coaching is available to help guide members along their journey to health awareness. Start by completing a complimentary personal health assessment and discover paths that may lead you to health improvement!
"The first wealth is health." –Ralph Waldo Emerson