Balance and Strength
Have you enjoyed a walk lately? Walking is an excellent weight bearing activity that can help strengthen your muscles. Remember to consult your doctor before beginning an exercise program.
- Strengthening exercises like weight lifting can help build muscles.
- Are you familiar with the side effects of the medications you are taking? Some medications may cause dizziness that can lead to falls, ask your doctor and pharmacist about your medications.
- Have you had your annual eye examination? Do you know that eye exams can help identify potential inner-ear problems and balance issues?
- Milk and foods high in calcium and rich in vitamin D can help strengthen bones and the human skeleton.
- Have you had a DEXA scan to measure your bone-mineral density? (DEXA scans are recommended for women 65 and older and men 70 and older)
If you are looking for additional methods to improve your health, take a moment for you and schedule preventive doctor appointments. Don’t forget to check out Blue Cross of Idaho’s wellness online digital coaching and tools. With a health assessment and a preventive plan, start walking your chosen path to inner strength and wellness.
“Good health and good sense are two of life’s greatest blessings.” – Publilius Syrus